www.getaway.co.za | Features

Translate

Travel to find your self

Travel to find your self

The most devastating day in the whole of my life was when I had to tell my wife that she lost her courageous fight against non-Hodgkin's lymphoma ( Cancer ). The last three months of her live, were some of the most wonderful and most terrible times that we spent together. We had to make the children used to the idea of the death of their mother and we spent hours discussing the value of life and death.

What I did not foresee was what enormous effect her passing will have on my own life. After one year of living in total despair after her passing, I realised that I needed to start to focus on something specific in the hope of discovering new meaning to life.

The personal group tours to South America and the Iberian Peninsula gave me back some purpose and I hope that this may serve as an encouragement for others to also use travel as a remedy that can help to fill the emptiness inside one-self.

Travel, cancer, new life, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma